My mother has fungal toe nail infection.She isn't be able to get rid of it with creams doctors here prescribe. Can you tell me for any effective way?

Dr. Robert Isaacs

In brief: Toe nail fungus

Topical treatments for toe nail fungus usually do not work and oral medications are required.
Terbenafine is one such treatment. There are others as well. The liver can sometimes be affected by these medications, so monitoring of liver enzymes is advisable. Be prepared for 12 weeks of treatment and slow resolution as the nail takes time to grow out healthy.

In brief: Toe nail fungus

Dr. Robert Isaacs
Dr. Robert Isaacs
Dr. Jeffrey Kahn
Laser therapy may also be effective.
Dr. Adam Levy