How critical is "renal diet" with creati. Stable at 1.4 2 to 1.57? .Solitary kidny since 1987.egfr 48. Age 68.

What's restricted? If somebody's put you on a restricted diet like a dialysis patient, that's excessive. You're on an ACE inhibitor and if somebody's just restricting your protein and you're hungry for steak, I'd eat the steak. Your creatinine is stable. If you're a big kind of guy, you might even be okay -- when I was lifting weights daily, my creatinine ran 1.6-1.8. Enjoy being alive and basically healthy, Mike.
Important. Generally speaking with any significant renal insufficiency it is important to control hypertension, diabetes, lipids, and protein intake. Besides the feeling it is helping slowing the onset of frank renal failure, this diet also reduces acid, potassium and phosphate production. So, in addition to the medicines you are taking it is deemed important.