How do I know if I am a candidate for deep brain stimulation?

Patient Selection. 1st see a Neurologist with a fellowship in Movement disorders to verify the diagnosis & make sure you do not have a look alike as well as a good candidate. There are self-proclaimed Movement Disorder Specialists. You will then be sent for a Neuropsychology Evaluation. The Movement Disorder Specialist will make the final decision & send you to a Neurosurgeon to be implanted.
Great question. However, you are far too young! parkinson's patients gradually deteriorate and develop less response to medications over the years, and develop on/off responses which may totally cripple adl activity. The dbs unit may allow far better function, and reverse most of the problems. It is not curative, but may be dramatic in controlling tremors and variation in function.
Tertiary care. It is best to first consult with a neurologist who is a specialist in movement disorders. Subsequently, a neurosurgeon who specializes in 'functional neurosurgery' will make the final determination.