I dislocated my patella twice in 4 months after doing physical therapy the first time. Should surgery be the main treatment or should rehab?

Rehab before surgery. You're describing a recurrent patella dislocation syndrome. Rehabilitation is always preferred prior to surgery. In the meantime, use of a knee sleeve with a lateral buttress might discourage the knee from dislocating during sport play. Surgery does not always solve the problem. Seek out a competent Orthopedic specialist for advice and persistent problems.