What are alternative treatments for juvenile rheumatoid arthritis?

Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Caution tetracyline

In children tetracycline can stain the bone.
We are fortunate that we can use most of the medications we use in adults in children, but some are not approved for children. We can use Methotrexate and some of the biologics are approved for treatment of jia children such as Etanercept and adalimumab. Iv Infliximab is approved for childhood ibd, IV tocilizumab and Abatacept for jia. Others not yet.

In brief: Caution tetracyline

Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Thomas Namey
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: There are none!

I know of no alternative rx.
There may non-main steam therapies, such as the tetracyclines, but they have well published studies. I believe most, if not all jia children can be remitted with our current arsenal!

In brief: There are none!

I know of no alternative rx.
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Thomas Namey
Dr. Vicken Poochikian