My lungs are damaged from cancer treatment 12 years ago, Been smoking cigs for 9, my asthma treatment has not been helping lately could it be copd?

Dr. Dean Giannone

In brief: Could certainly be.

Smoking when you have lungs that are already chronically damaged is simply careless.
Smoking after having had cancer at such a young age is even more careless. You're inviting a future of medical hardship, pure and simple. Stop smoking. You will notice in time that your "asthma" will be more responsive to treatment.

In brief: Could certainly be.

Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Dean Giannone
Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Lung damage

Why are doing this to yourself? You know the answer perfectly.
Smoking is not the answer to anything and it will worsen your asthma, lung damage, restriction or copd. Whatever you want to call it.

In brief: Lung damage

Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Dr. Nayla Mumneh
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology