I have a painful tight feeling in my upper left jaw and gums. It also developed a mass and it is bloody after brushing my teeth. I hope it not cancer?

Dr. Robert Mokbel
Dentistry

In brief: See your Dentist

It is impossible to say what you have, it could be an abscess , a bacterial infection or as you say an unusual mass or enlarged tissue.
Must see the dentist to figure it out, and the sooner the better it will not go away by itself.

In brief: See your Dentist

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Oral mass

Unless you are immune-supressed, smoke, or abuse alcohol, chances are you are dealing with a treatable infection rather than cancer.
Please see a Dentist for differential diagnosis and then appropriate treatment or referral. The longer you put this off, the more damage the infection can cause.

In brief: Oral mass

Dr. Lorrie Mcgill

In brief: Wisdom teeth?

The first question is do you still have your wisdom teeth? They may be trying to come in, but that one may be hooked up under the molar in front of it causing an impacted tooth.
This can cause an abscess which can cause pain, swelling, bleeding, enlarged lymph nodes, and weight loss from not being able to eat normally.

In brief: Wisdom teeth?

Dr. Klaus d Lessnau
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Unlikely

Actually highly unlikely.
BUT certainly check with your dentist to know for sure. And let him/her know and do not keep it a secret.

In brief: Unlikely

Actually highly unlikely.
Dr. Sheree Cloer

In brief: Sounds like

Possible infection, maybe an abscess.
Please see a dentist as soon as possible.

In brief: Sounds like

Possible infection, maybe an abscess.
Dr. Adam Smith