What's it called when you have a heart attack in your brain? I think my gramps had a brief one. He didn't know my name.

Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: My sympathy

I'm awfully sorry to hear about your gramps.
When a blockage in the heart clogs an artery supplying blood to the heart muscle, it is called "a heart attack". When that happens in the brain, it's called a "stroke." i hope your gramps is getting good medical care and gets better quickly.

In brief: My sympathy

Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Brian Mott
Surgery - Thoracic

In brief: TIA

A temporary neurological deficit from usually an embolic event is called a transient ischemic attack.
It usually is a warning sign for a real stroke. Get checked out soon.

In brief: TIA

Dr. Brian Mott
Dr. Brian Mott
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology