Curious. Could 2mg of diazepam taken at 11:00pm have caused neutrophil count to be raised at 9:30am next morning? To 9.12 10^9/L? (Range:2.0-7.5). neutrophil count is raised it follows that WBC up?

Dr. Hugh Pabarue

In brief: Neutrophil count

I have never heard of diazepam increasing a person's neutrophil count.
I would suggest getting it repeated or talking to your doctor. Usually, high neutrophil counts are due to inflammation or infection somewhere. Your doctor can sort it out with a few questions and exam.

In brief: Neutrophil count

Dr. Kaveh Karandish

In brief: No

Benzodiazepines in general don't cause leukocytosis !

In brief: No

Dr. Matt Wachsman

In brief: Anything...possible.

ok, valium has a long residence in the body.
It will be there. BUT. 1) that is not generally a clinically significant WBC count. Most labs have a higher cut off and in everyone, slight elevations above the cut (10%) do not generally mean much. 2) valium only rarely affects neutrophil count and then, generally would have obvious signs of allergy if it's causing a reaction.

In brief: Anything...possible.