Can a bone shard come through gum 7 months after wisdom tooth extraction? Can it cause pain in surrounding teeth?

Dr. John DeWolf
Dentistry

In brief: Yes and Unlikely

While 7 months is a bit of a longer than usual time frame for a bony sequestrum to appear, it is certainly not unheard of.
Local discomfort akin to splinter is what I'd expect for pain. Pain in surrounding teeth is likely due to something else.

In brief: Yes and Unlikely

Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management

In brief: See your dentist

It's not uncommon that after having a tooth extracted a patient will notice that fragments have worked their way to the surface of their extraction site.
This is dead bone fragments or root tips.If the fragment(s) is inside your gums you may have a local gum inflammation and pain. It could happened one day out of the blue even after 7 month. Don't hesitate to call your dentist for assistance.

In brief: See your dentist

Dr. Keegan Duchicela