Do impacted wisdom teeth cause crowding and damage other teeth?

Possibly. Impact wisdom teeth probably do not cause crowding of the teeth in the front, because the wisdom teeth would need to push on the 2nd molar, 1st molar, 2nd premolar, 1st premolar, canine and the incisors. Some people believe the wisdom teeth do cause the crowding but people without the wisdom teeth can still get crowding in the front teeth. Sometimes the wisdom teeth cause damage to the 2nd molars.
No crowding. In most cases, inadequate space in the mouth does not allow the wisdom teeth to erupt properly and impacted wisdom teeth can contribute to infection, damage to other teeth, but NOT crowding. Today, the premise no longer exists for the extraction of all wisdom teeth simply to minimize future crowding of front teeth. The research evidence disproving the theory of crowding.
Crowding. This is a much debated topic, and there exists plenty of support both for and against wisdom teeth contributing to crowding of your teeth. However, general consensus currently is that wisdom teeth do contribute to anterior crowding, especially in the lower jaw. Keep in mind, many other factors also contribute to crowding of your anterior teeth.
Possibly. An impacted tooth should be removed, and soon since it can cause pain and worse issues, like infection. It is also likely to crowd and affect/damage other teeth, as it is not coming in properly.
Possibly. Orthodontic literature reports that wisdom teeth contribute very slightly (less than 10%) to anterior crowding. There are many other growth and occlusal developmental changes that allow or cause anterior crowding, so wear your retainers. Malposed/impacted wisdom teeth can damage or destroy 12 year molars and can destroy surrounding or adjacent gum/bone. See an Oral surgeon for evaluation.