My brother-in-law has lung cancer that has spread to his brain, vertebrae, colon, and many lymph nodes chest. How much time does he have?

Uncertain. It's not possible to give you the time frame but it appears advance disease.
Limited. The ability to control metastatic lung cancer to one location such as a solitary lesion in liver or adrenal or bowel can be managed. When the lesion spreads to bone control over a long period of time with chemo is difficult. When the lesion is present in brain chemo offers little and the use of RT when helpful is usually limited to months.