I have been informed by my dentist that I have loose teeth due to bone thinning. Couldnt it just be from menopause?

Dr. Janet Greenhut
Preventive Medicine

In brief: Related to menopause

Many women experience bone thinning after menopause because of lack of estrogen.
Ask your doctor whether you should have a bone mineral density scan to check for thinning of your bones (osteoporosis). There are medications that will help slow bone loss. And don't forget calcium and vitamin d. Weight-bearing exercise may also help prevent bone loss.

In brief: Related to menopause

Dr. Janet Greenhut
Dr. Janet Greenhut
Dr. Howard Banner
Dentistry

In brief: Gum disease

Most often loose teeth are the result of gum or periodontal disease where the bone supporting the teeth has shrunken down.
Osteoporosis from menopause is usually not the cause.

In brief: Gum disease

Dr. Howard Banner
Dr. Howard Banner
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dentistry - Cosmetic

In brief: No treally

Probably form untreated active gum disease or trauma.

In brief: No treally

Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham