I have been informed by my dentist that I have loose teeth due to bone thinning. Couldnt it just be from menopause?

Dr. Janet Greenhut
Preventive Medicine
In brief: Related to menopause
Many women experience bone thinning after menopause because of lack of estrogen.
Ask your doctor whether you should have a bone mineral density scan to check for thinning of your bones (osteoporosis). There are medications that will help slow bone loss. And don't forget calcium and vitamin d. Weight-bearing exercise may also help prevent bone loss.

In brief: Related to menopause
Dr. Janet Greenhut
Dr. Janet Greenhut
Dr. Howard Banner
Dentistry
In brief: Gum disease
Most often loose teeth are the result of gum or periodontal disease where the bone supporting the teeth has shrunken down.
Osteoporosis from menopause is usually not the cause.

In brief: Gum disease
Dr. Howard Banner
Dr. Howard Banner
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dentistry - Cosmetic
In brief: No treally
Probably form untreated active gum disease or trauma.

In brief: No treally
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dr. Alex Shvartsman
Dr. Peter Kurzweil