If I used something doctors used to give to pregnant women to stop morning sickness is it possible that caused birth defects?

Morning sickness. Depends upon the medication taken. There are currently many medications available for morning sickness that have been well researched and not shown to be associated with birth defects. Discussing which medication was taken will help in guiding you about possible effects on this pregnancy.
Thalidamide. In the 50's era there was a wonderful anti-nausea drug that was used in Britain and Canada but was never approved in the US. Still a few here were exposed.About 30% of women who used it between week 5-7 gave birth to kids with abnormal or no arms and legs.A new understanding of fetal risk emerged from later studies.Now most medications are screened for potential problems in pregnancy prior to use .