Is it normal to avoid eye contact with people every time?

Completely variable. It depends completely on the culture. Consider that you may be meeting an asian emperor in the forbidden city - you do not make eye contact until you are spoken to. Because you live in washington, usa, I would consider eye contact normal - especially with 2 white people, for instance. Eye contact shows you are listening and engaged. You can judge the other person's emotions by looking at them.
Why? . Eye contact is part of daily communication. If you mean touchbthebeye then touching other objects. It is hard to avoid. Just wash hands often.