I have had a tension/mild soreness/ache in my left shoulder/neck for the past 10 years, starting with a sneeze on a bicycle. How can I fix it?

Dr. Stephen Siegel
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology

In brief: Eliminate the pain

First thing is to try to determine cause to check for any fracture, calcium deposits with xrays and medical checkup with bloodwork to look for arthritis/gout.
If it turns out to be muscular/tension/bursitis of shoulder neck, then first eliminate pain with ice packs, antiinflammatories, rest and after pain relieved begin physical therapy/myofascial/stretching and finally strengthen muscles.

In brief: Eliminate the pain

Dr. Stephen Siegel
Dr. Stephen Siegel
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology