Why do flea bites take ages to heal and why do they keep bleeding when I get out of shower or bath ? Help

Dr. Nela Cordero

In brief: FLEA BITES

Flea bites maybe small lesion to big ulcers due to sucking of blood mostly on legs and feet.
It may cause allergy reactions or infections.See your md for further evaluation and treatment.

In brief: FLEA BITES

Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology

In brief: Define "ages".

Insect bites do take awhile to heal, but my guess is that you are scratching them, whether you are aware of it or not, and that is causing the bleeding and delaying healing.
Try covering them with bandaids and change them daily, after your shower. If they still persist, something else may be going on and you should see your doctor.

In brief: Define "ages".

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Shontae Buffington