Is coreg (carvedilol) the drug of choice for high blood pressure in a person having kidney disease?

No. Although is a good BP agent for a patient with hypertension and/or heart disease, it would not be the best choice for someone who has kidney disease. A patient with kidney disease should be getting a medicine called an ace inhibitor like Lisinopril or an arb agent like Cozaar or diovan (valsartan). These agents help protect your kidneys from getting worse.
No. Ace inhibitors (like lisinopril) are the drug of choice. Caution must be used as the disease advances to avoid the risk of hyperkalemia (excess potassium).
Coreg (carvedilol) BP CKD. Coreg (carvedilol) is an excellent beta blocker; if lowers BP well and can lessen kidney injury from high BP; ACEI or ARB are generally listed as first choice drugs for HIBP and CKD; ACEI and ARB should not be used together, but an ACEI and Coreg (carvedilol) is an excellent combination; an ARB and Coreg (carvedilol) is also excellent; a carefully dosed diuretic is usually needed also.