Do you recommend getting a allergy blood test for 6 months old baby? He currently has cow milk intolerance (he spits up a lot when he drinks non diges

In brief: Unlikely to help you
Infants may have allergies to food items they were exposed to in the womb: cow milk & soy are two top offenders.
Kids may also be intolerant to a formula that contains either.The allergy blood test can be falsely positive or negative, as can the skin test some allergists use. Lactose intolerance effects 1/4 kids & it is the sugar in cow milk & most likely issue for your kid.

In brief: Unlikely to help you
Dr. Paul Williams
In brief: Cows milk allergy
No - he is way too young to have developed allergens at this point his symptoms are not unusual with cow's milk intorance - it is usually the milk protein that causes the issue.
This usually resolves without problems.

In brief: Cows milk allergy
This usually resolves without problems.
Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Paul Williams
Dr. Danny Westmoreland
In brief: No
I may make the medical community mad.
There are too many options to milk now. I don't see exposing a 6 month old to an allergen then trying to treat the allergy.

In brief: No
I may make the medical community mad.
Dr. Danny Westmoreland
Dr. Danny Westmoreland
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology