I hurt my finger, hit by a basketball, very swollen, dark colour, I can hardly move it. Went for x ray, in a splint, results tomorrow. What do u think?

Dr. J. Patrick Tokarz
In brief: Ice
Elevate and keep it cool to decrease swelling and good luck tomorrow.

In brief: Ice
Dr. J. Patrick Tokarz
Dr. J. Patrick Tokarz
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Sports Medicine
In brief: Possible fracture
Obviously you are waiting for the result of the xray and if there is a fracture that would certainly explain your symptoms however, sometimes even without a fracture, you can develop a large amount of swellng which could cause pain.
Sometimes the fluid under the nail needs to be decompressed if it is very painful.

In brief: Possible fracture
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics
In brief: Dislocation/fracture
Tgis is most likely a dislocation with possible fracture.
If your finger is sufficiently dark and doesnt demonstrate normal capillary refill (blanching with pressure and return to pink color), i would consider returning to er to evaluate for possible vascular compromise.

In brief: Dislocation/fracture
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine