What are some great pre marathon foods that I should take into consideration the night before or race day?

Bland carbs. What you want to avoid is any GI surprises that require unplanned portapotty trips. Relatively plain whole grains are safe, maybe with some lean protein. Too much fat or spice can cause unexpected problems. It is good advice to stick to foods that you have had before and experienced no GI distress while running. Classics that come to mind are spaghetti, rice dishes, bananas, bagels, peanut butter.
Typically carbs. I've done 4 marathons. I would recommend pasta the night before. I actually think the more important thing in the non elite runner is hydration, and electolytes during the race most popular marathons are well stocked in regards to water, electolytes and gels especially in the latter parts of races.