What are some great pre marathon foods that I should take into consideration the night before or race day?

Dr. Robert Purchase
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Bland carbs
What you want to avoid is any GI surprises that require unplanned portapotty trips.
Relatively plain whole grains are safe, maybe with some lean protein. Too much fat or spice can cause unexpected problems. It is good advice to stick to foods that you have had before and experienced no GI distress while running. Classics that come to mind are spaghetti, rice dishes, bananas, bagels, peanut butter.

In brief: Bland carbs
Dr. Robert Purchase
Dr. Robert Purchase
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Sports Medicine
In brief: Typically carbs
Ive done 4 marathons.
I would recommend pasta the night before. I actually think the more important thing in the non elite runner is hydration, and electolytes during the race most popular marathons are well stocked in regards to water, electolytes and gels especially in the latter parts of races.

In brief: Typically carbs
Ive done 4 marathons.
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Jeffrey Sider
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine