How to control asthma?

Inhalers & avoidance. Avoiding things that trigger your asthma, such as dust or animals, can help. Most asthma is controlled with short acting inhalers like albuterol, & long acting inhaled steroids. Albuterol helps acute attacks; inhaled steroids help prevent attacks from happening in the first place. Other meds, such as singulair (montelukast) or oral steroids, are used when these aren't enough to keep it under control.
CONTROLLER MEDS. In my opinion Controller meds which include inhaled Steroids with long acting Bronchodilaters also inhaled in combinations if taken correctly work best and sometimes one can add Montelucast (Singular) to that to control Asthma and reduce the incidents of acute attacks and exacerbations to minimum For acute attacks reliever meds like Albuterol or Levalbuteral are used with oral steroids sometimes.
Many options. There are many options to help control asthma, what is used depends on the age of the patient, the severity of the asthma and what works for the individual. It includes avoidance of triggers, inhaled bronchodialators, maybe inhaled steroids, possibly pills for allergies or to block the asthma like singulair, (montelukast) and other medications or inhalers. It is important to get it controlled, see your doctor!
Asthma. Control of asthma involves avoidance of allergens and administration of rescue medications such as albuterol inhaler and/or inhaled steroids.