I had a de Quervain's release 20 days ago. I have pain around my extensor tendon at base of index finger t. Worse when I make a fist with bended elbow?

Dr. Steven Beldner
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Most likely inflamed

The tendon could be inflamed from the anestetic which they give around the wrist for the procedure or from some of the blood from the release.
Either reason would be expected to resove with time.You should discuss this with your surgeon so he can properly evaluate it.

In brief: Most likely inflamed

Dr. Steven Beldner
Dr. Steven Beldner
Dr. Andrew Hsu
Neurology

In brief: No a nerve lesion.

You need to show the pain to the surgeon.
The extensor tendon to the index finger is usually not involved in the de quervain's release.

In brief: No a nerve lesion.

Dr. Andrew Hsu
Dr. Andrew Hsu
Dr. Eric Weisman