My ankle has been hurting for a while on the inside. Its swollen on the inside and not sure. I can still walk, but it hurts any ideas?

Dr. Donald Colantino

In brief: ? sprain

Ankle swelling with pain may be due to sprain of a ligament or a form of arthritis.
Do you recall twisting your ankle recently? If symptoms don't resolve with resting the ankle, ice application, ace wrapping, elevating the leg while sitting, and, if you can take some ibuprofen, the symptoms may resolve. Otherwise have your physician examine and advise you. An xray may be ordered.

In brief: ? sprain

Dr. Vicken Poochikian