What's the best dental filling material for your children's teeth?

In brief: It depends.
Which material is best for your child depends on whether this is a baby tooth or one of the permanent teeth, and how big the filling will need to be.
Tooth colored fillings are usually best for really small fillings since it binds with the tooth enamel. Though not all tooth colred fillings work on baby teeth. Silver fillings are stronger so they may be better for larger fillings.

In brief: It depends.
Dr. Jennifer Holtzman
Dr. Jennifer Holtzman
2 comments
Dr. Richard Fuller
I like Glass Ionomer tooth colored fillings for children. They bond to tooth structure and help strengthen the tooth after decay is removed.
Dr. James Donley
I prefer bonded composite fillings. I rarely find a problem since they strengthen teeth.
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry
In brief: Best?
Honestly, the quality, care and expertise of the dentist is key.
The type of filling material is secondary, especially on baby teeth as they will be lost and replaced by permanent teeth. I use tooth colored bonded fillings almost always. It requires slightly more patient cooperation to place. For most dentists nowadays, bonded composite fillings are the standard of care for permanent teeth.

In brief: Best?
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Sandler
Dr. Gary Alder
Dentistry
In brief: Light cure composit
Mercury, tin, silver fillings have served well many years but new materials are available that do a good job without the potential risks or environmental issues that the classical mercury fillins present.
Some literture has made the claim that the composit fillings may also be harmful and create an hormonal reaction but there is not enough evidence to quantify any deliterious effects.

In brief: Light cure composit
Dr. Gary Alder
Dr. Gary Alder
Dr. James Wright
Dentistry
In brief: There are many
To choose from. My preferance would be a composite.
Depending on which tooth is affected ( front or back) may determine the type of composite used. My dental practice is holistic. I use bpa free and bpa inactive composite.

In brief: There are many
Dr. James Wright
Dr. James Wright
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dentistry
In brief: Not one best
There is not one best material to restore a baby tooth.
It will depend on the extent of the decay, the cooperation of the child and the history of decay. Most of the time composite, white, fillings are used if the decay is not too extensive. It is best to talk about yoour options wiht the dentist who is treating your child.Remember the skiill of the dentist is as important as the material.

In brief: Not one best
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dr. Sandra Eleczko
Dr. Eyal Simchi
Dentistry - Pediatric
In brief: Depends
On many different factors including age of child extent of decay and caries risk.
..

In brief: Depends
..
Dr. Eyal Simchi
Dr. Eyal Simchi
Dr. Shontae Buffington