I just noticed my 2 year old has a small red bump behind her top front teeth what could this be i can't get her in to see the dr till monday.

Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Painful?

If she is not in any pain - or very little - don't worry.
It may be nothing at all but normal gum tissue. Monday is not going to be too long to have a professional take a look. If there is any discomfort you might try icy cold or salty warm water and ask her if either feels good. Make a game of it and relax. She's lucky to have a parent who cares. Best!

In brief: Painful?

Dr. Arnold Malerman
Dentistry - Orthodontics

In brief: Bump

If it's in the midline, directly behind the two upper front teeth, it's a normal structure called the Incisive Papilla.
If located anywhere else, schedule an examination visit with your child's Dentist or Pediatric Dental Specialist. By Age 2 your child should have seen the Dentist 2 or 3 times already, and comparison can be made to baseline.

In brief: Bump

Dr. Shontae Buffington