If I am on the conventional treatment, can I still start with homeopathy?

Yes. In 2011, the swiss government's report on homeopathic medicine represents the most comprehensive evaluation of homeopathic medicine ever written by a government and was published in book form (bornhoft and matthiessen, 2011). This report affirmed that homeopathic treatment is both effective and cost-effective and that homeopathic treatment should be reimbursed by swiss national health insurance.
????? Generally homepathic remedies are unstudied either to efficacy or safety. They are weak dilutions of materia given in order to trigger the body's natural mechanisms to deal with what ever the condition is.The problem is that most do not work and we assume safety without data, because they are often natural products. But then, so is poison ivy.--beware.
Yes. In some patients, the best treatment would be a combination of both traditional and alternative medicine. Some do well with one or the other. I would not exclude one type of treatment as each patient is different.
YES. Homeopathy can be very helpful even for those on conventional treatments. Homeopathy will never interfere with conventional treatment, but certain drugs may interfere with homeopathy, especially steroids, limiting its effectiveness. But there is no harm in trying homeopathy, and sometimes patients respond surprisingly well even when they are on conventional treatments.
In most cases. If you find comfort in using complimentary medicines/therapies while on traditional rx, i see no harm, as long as you freely communicate that fact to your source of care. Anything strong enough to do good is strong enough to have side effects or complications which could harm you.
Yes you can. Yes, a good homeopath can still investigate your case while you are taking conventional treatment. A couple of conventional medications (antibiotics and steroids) can interfere with the effectiveness of homeopathic remedies, though. Alternatively, homeopathic remedies do not interfere with conventional drugs -- unlike some herbs and supplements which can cause metabolic interactions with these.
Yes. I have extensively studied homeopathy in germany and i came to the conclusion that this is very close to placebo. Therefore there are no drug-drug interactions. Do not worry.
Yes. With chronic illness, homeopathic treatment can begin with the patient continuing their allopathic medicines. As patient improves, drugs may be weaned with close supervision.
Depends. This can be a complicated answer assuming you want optimal response to your homeopathic treatment, it depends on your current symptoms, overall vitality, specific class of allipathic drugs and length of diagnosis. Then it must be clear to your practitioner, on what level ( size of totality) your homeopath prescribes on. Good luck. Dr erskine.
Depends. Homeopathy has been well studied and is used extensively in europe. Some conventional drugs will interfere with the effectiveness of homeopathic treatments. Nsaid's and strong flavors, like mint will interfere.
Sort of. Homeopathy uses active agents diluted to the point at which they have no effect whatsoever. You are paying for pills, ointments and solutions containing vehicle only and no discernable active agent. For instance 30x (on the label) means one molecule of active agent per ocean of water. So you can use hemoeopathic remedies without regard to conventional treatment your md can advise.