What is the fastest way to get rid of cough and cold for grade-school children?

Dr. Nela Cordero
In brief: AURI
Viral infection takes its course lasting 3 to 5 days unless with bacterial complications.
Giving cough rx is only helping the kid to sleep. I would recommend taking Benadryl (diphenhydramine) a tsp. At bedtime.

In brief: AURI
Dr. Nela Cordero
Dr. Nela Cordero
2 comments
Dr. Yash Khanna
Most of cough and colds in children are benighn and caused by viruses and get better without any treatment unless associated with high fever,wheezing or shortness of breath.
Dr. Pierrette Mimi Poinsett
Wait and watch, better to go with lemon and honey as help. If your child is working hard to breathe while coughing, you hear wheezing or not sleeping well at night due to cough, important to bring your child in to health care provider for evaluation and care.
Dr. Cindy Juster