Can you tell me if i can't squat, what is the best alternative way to help with constipation?

Dr. Robert Cloud
Surgery - Colorectal

In brief: Constipation

Assuming you have undergone evaluation and nothing else is going on in your colon, the use of an intermittent laxative is preferable to straining or going days without a bowel movement.
In a patient over 40, I usually recommend clearance of their colon via colonoscopy and start them on psyllium powder daily with use Milk of magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) on evening of any second straight day without a bowel movement.

In brief: Constipation

Dr. Robert Cloud
Dr. Robert Cloud
Dr. Peter Kurzweil