What do you suggest if I am 230 pounds and I am scheduled for my gastric sleeve surgery, how much weight would i lose?

Dr. Zeenat Hasan
Bariatrics

In brief: It depends on you...

Studies site b/w a 60-80% excess body weight loss with the sleeve (so if you are 100 pounds overweight, you could expect a 60-80 lb weight loss).
However, surgery is no magic bullet. The best results are seen in patients who are motivated, follow the diet guidelines and exercise regularly. Attending support groups and making sure to follow up with your surgeon are also keys to success. Good luck!

In brief: It depends on you...

Dr. Zeenat Hasan
Dr. Zeenat Hasan
Dr. Mark Pack
Surgery

In brief: Varies

The amount of weight you may lose after surgery depends on many things.
It depends on your motivation, your diet, exercise,... Studies have shown that people lose an average of 60% of what they are overweight.

In brief: Varies

Dr. Mark Pack
Dr. Mark Pack
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery