I started taking lutera birth control 7 days ago. If I stop the pill now will I ovulate this cycle or will I still have to wait for my next cycle?

Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON

In brief: Yes, you will

If you stop the pill you will ovulate.
Why do you want to stop it? If you are having side effects such as nausea, make sure you are taking the pill at night. Nausea will resolve in a few weeks. Breast tenderness also resolves. It takes 3 months for the cycle to regulate. It takes 2 weeks to become effective so condom use is recommended the first 2 weeks.

In brief: Yes, you will

If you stop the pill you will ovulate.
Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
2 comments
Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
You are at risk for a pregnancy. You could still use the Emergency Contraception-- Plan B or Ella to prevent pregnancy. You could continue the pack and if you do not get your period, take a urine pregnancy test.
Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
Plan B is over the counter or you can get Ella on line--http://ella-kwikmed.com/. Just follow the instructions
Dr. Adam Levy