I tested positive for chlamydia after my boyfriend was tested negative for any STD but positive for a uti, what does this mean?

Here are some ... Treat UTI accordingly and look into what is the possible underlying reasons to get UTI by professionals timely. Being positive for chlamydia without symptom means you're an asymptomatic chlamydia-carrier. Note: The majority of chlamydia-infected persons are carriers; this is reality of life. So, practice low-risk healthy lifestyle without overindulgence & obsession and monogamy diligently...
He has chlamydia. Non-STD UTIs are uncommon in men and some doctors misdiagnose nongonococcal urethritis (NGU) as UTI. Chlamydia is one of the main causes of NGU, and the test can miss some infections. Therefore, my guess is your partner also had chlamydia. Most important, he still needs treatment for it, usually azithromycin or doxycycline. No sex with him until you both have completed chlamydia treatment.