My 9 weeks old baby is not eating much and seems to be losing weight and getting skinnier. What could be the reason?

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatrics - Pulmonology

In brief: M.D. visit

The baby's growth pattern will be followed by your pediatrician.
A record of what the baby is eating and the amount of formula will be helpful information. I would suggest that you review the baby's newborn CF screening test result with the office.

In brief: M.D. visit

Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Dr. Danny Westmoreland

In brief: Failure to thrive

The pediatrician should be doing a growth chart on your child.
This is not to see how tall or short your child will be, it shows any change in trend. Example is that your child is in the 60th percentile for 9 months then drops to the 5th there has to be an evaluation.

In brief: Failure to thrive

Dr. Danny Westmoreland
Dr. Danny Westmoreland
Dr. Cindy Juster