Is someone who just had a staph infection dangerous around a 6 month old baby?

Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine
In brief: Potentially
The obvious answer is careful and redpeated handwashng with one of the many commercikally available skin disiinfectants.

In brief: Potentially
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
In brief: Not particularly
You state the scene as if this is in the past, so I assume it was treated.
There is no reason to treat someone with this history as if they have EBOLA and will taint their environment. Almost any surface you touch in any environment, including stores,schools,etc will have some staph germs, some of which are aggressive nasty strains.Normal handwashing and monitoring is all that is needed

In brief: Not particularly