I've stopped taking pills 5yrs ago to have another baby but I became obese and can't get pregnant?

Dr. Khurram Rehman
Fertility Medicine

In brief: See REI specialist

5 years is too long trying, either for a 1st child or in your case one more.
This is a good time to see a reproductive endocrinology and infertility specialist (rei) to find out why you're not pregnant. Ovulation issues like pcos can get worse if you gain weight but it could be unrelated - like an egg supply or a sperm issue. (answer continues as a comment, click on comment below to see).

In brief: See REI specialist

Dr. Khurram Rehman
Dr. Khurram Rehman
2 comments
Dr. Khurram Rehman
Body Mass Index (BMI) is not a perfect measure of overweight/ obesity - more of a screening tool. In women needing IVF high BMI may reduce the chance that embryos will 'take' inside the uterus, but I have seen many successes in women with high BMI. Some fertility clinics have BMI limits for treatment with meds, inseminations, or IVF, but you should be treated with respect and professionalism.
Dr. Khurram Rehman
Best wishes.
Dr. Peter Kurzweil