I had a baby 6 months ago; how safe is it to start vigorous exercises and running?

Dr. Robert Purchase
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Yes.
If you are otherwise healthy, it is definitely safe to start exercising.
Use common sense. Start slowly and add time and intensity in small doses.

In brief: Yes.
Dr. Robert Purchase
Dr. Robert Purchase
Dr. James Okamoto
In brief: Exercise post partum
First off, congratulations on your baby! now that you are hopefully getting more rest and feeling ready to exercise i would start off slowly so that you don't get overly sore or possibly injure yourself - especially if you haven't been exercising at all the last 6 months! start off with just brisk walking and build up from there.
If you get light headed check with your doctor in case of anemia.

In brief: Exercise post partum
Dr. James Okamoto
Dr. James Okamoto
In brief: Depends
If that was part of your pre pregnancy life, it is fine to start & build up to where you were.
Your body is healed. If you were a couch potato before, I would start slow. One of my Jazzercise instructor moms taught up until days before delivery and was back at it a month later.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Adam Levy