I am 70lbs overweight, and have a major back pain due to lifting my child. What exercise can I do?

Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Let me try to help
Pain in the knee it is not normal, having the above the knee cap and the left to it point to the knee cap as the guilty party.
Go and have x-ray to the knee and the knee cap, to se if every thing okay, if so use some Motrin with food. Good luck thank you.

In brief: Let me try to help
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: It depends
What kind back injury you have as child, some of them leave no problems, some leave a disabling problems.
Check with doctor how treat you or send what kind problem you had.Thanks.

In brief: It depends
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Let me try to help
The first thing apply moist heat on the neck for about 15-20 minutes .
This can be followed by very gently massaging the back of the neck by skin moistures once you feel you can move your neck somewhat easily and without pain, you can try some slow neck and shoulder stretches and head tilts, if these doesn't ease the stiffness even by a fraction, it is better to pay a visit to an orthopedist.

In brief: Let me try to help
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Michael Bolesta
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Water exercise
You would need access to a pool, but water exercise is an excellent way to burn calories and get in shape.
You could swim, walk-run in chest deep water, join a water aerobics class. Regular aerobic exercise not only helps with weight loss but also reduces back pain for many folks. If you have no pool access, a recumbent exercise bicycle may be a good alternative.

In brief: Water exercise
Dr. Michael Bolesta
Dr. Michael Bolesta
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: I like to use warm
Compresses, it feel better tolerated. Good luck, thanks.

In brief: I like to use warm
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: It is not easy
Most children with achondroplasia have delayed motor milestones, problems with persistent or recurrent middle-ear dysfunction, and bowing of the lower legs.
Less often, infants and children may have serious health consequences related to hydrocephalus, craniocervical junction compression, upper-airway obstruction, or thoracolumbar kyphosis.Good luck thanks.

In brief: It is not easy
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery
In brief: Exercise with back
Pain, the best exercises are watewr excercises also there aremany excerciese you could without pressering your back.
Leg raises to strengthen stomach and hip musclespartial sit-up to strengthen stomach muscles.Exercises to increase flexibility and stretch out the back, back leg swing to strengthen hip and back muscles, wall slides to strengthen your back, hip and leg muscles leg raises.Thanks.

In brief: Exercise with back
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Hooman Melamed
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Water and pilates
Definitely try to get into pool and a strong pilates program.

In brief: Water and pilates
Dr. Hooman Melamed
Dr. Hooman Melamed
Dr. Jonathan Jassey