How do I reduce the chances of having an autistic child?

Dr. Glen Elliott
Pediatrics - Psychiatry
In brief: No clear answer
We still do not know the myriad causes of autism, so beware anyone who tells you how to ensure you don't have a child with autism. Most of the known factors that increase your risk--genetics, in utero viral exposure, complicated delivery--are outside your control.
Best advice: get good prenatal care and recognized your odds still excellent that your child will not have autism.

In brief: No clear answer
Dr. Glen Elliott
Dr. Glen Elliott
Dr. William Singer
Pediatrics - Neurology
In brief: No specific actions
I do not know of any specific actions you can take to prevent autism other than not having a child by a mate who is autistic.
There is nothing you can do to promote having a child with autism.

In brief: No specific actions
Dr. William Singer
Dr. William Singer
Dr. Jonathan Jassey