How do doctors do eye surgery on a baby?

Training! If an eye disease on an infant is so severe or vision threatening as to require surgery, specially trained surgeons and anesthesiologists use general anesthesia and the typical micro-surgical techniques used in all eye surgery to do it! knowledge and good preparation for surgical aftercare is also required.
Under anesthesia. Usually the eye surgeons that would work on a baby have done special training that includes the work involved.They would enlist the aid of anesthesiologists that get the baby under and still, so the delicate work can proceed safely.