How can we reduce female genital mutilation in the world?

In brief: Intervention by
Outside countries is often highly criticized with the issue of female genital mutilation.
I believe that laws that carry no consequences are hollow. In countries where fgm has been banned, actually taking the next step and prosecuting criminal behavior may serve as a deterrent.

In brief: Intervention by
Dr. Gerard Honore
The tragedy is that it's so difficult to prevent because it's so deep in the culture. Some medical benefits for male circumcision are possibly emerging, but 99% are still done for cultural reasons. FGM has deep cultural roots too, no matter how misguided.
Dr. Bryan Levey
In brief: Education
I know of no other way.

In brief: Education
I know of no other way.
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Bryan Levey
Dr. Cindy Juster