Doctor thinks our baby has a heart mumur. How many babies have heart murmurs?

Many. Many babies have heart murmurs, but most do not have heart disease. Approximately 1 in 100 babies are born with heart disease, so it is important that your baby have a full evaluation by a pediatrician and possibly a pediatric cardiologist if your doctor thinks it is necessary.
Many. Important to know: the term "heart murmur" is not synonymous with heart defect. In children, because the chest wall is thin it is fairly easy to hear the normal "squirting" sound made as the heart squirts blood out. These murmurs are completely normal sounds and are heard in 6-7 out of every 10 children. Some murmurs are indeed caused by abnormalities so check with a peds cardiologist.