Can you talk about child abuse to a psychiatrist, or is he forced to report it to the law?

Protect The Innocent. If you tell your psychiatrist that you are abusing a child or if you are under 18 and being abused, in the state of california, your doctor is legally obligated to report such abuse to the authorities.  if you simply know of an abusive situation, this is not reported, but i would encourage you to report it yourself. I would image each state has similar legislation. Protect the innocent!