At what age should a child not have his parents coming into the doctor's office with him?

In brief: Depends on situation
Legally the parents have the right to any medical information from a doctors visit until the kid becomes an adult.
In practice,it is worthwhile to let the older kid begin to have private conversations with the doc.I notify the parents & have them sign permission for kids 12 and up to be seen alone. I use a nurse when a chaperon is needed.Kids can decide what to tell parents, with certain exceptions

In brief: Depends on situation
Dr. George Klauber
Agree with Dr Ferguson. I insist upon a genuine parental release if child attends alone. Always have a chaperone when examining girl in absence of parent, grandparent or older sibling. Sometimes best to have chaperone when examining sone peri or pre-pubertal kids. Also try and have nurse question girls about sexual history alone & away from parents unless mother already well aware.
Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology
In brief: 16, unless child
Wants parent there or child is globally, emotionally or mentally delayed.
In which case, child may never be old enough to see the doctor alone. Some 13 - 16-year-olds are adamant about not having parents join them in the office. For instance if child has genital or gender issues, in which case parents need to speak to the dr. Both before or after leaving jack or jill alone with dr. Or dr. + nurse.

In brief: 16, unless child
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Cindy Juster