How can I decide which MS therapy is best for me?

In brief: Everyone different

No ms pt is similar to another. One drug does not fit all.
That said, it is now felt, based on current knowledge, that in the first 1-5 yrs, it is best to start on the most potent meds available if it is safe. The older meds, such as avonex, betaseron, copaxone, are starting to be used less, and newer agents such as Gilenya and tysabri, (natalizumab) and perhaps bg-12 will be used more often.

In brief: Everyone different

In brief: See below

Ideally, talk with an MS specializing neurologist.
Many factors go into the decision on starting disease modifying therapy and also into which one. Variables to discuss include family planning, other medical conditions, severity of the ms, and medication risk tolerance.

In brief: See below

Dr. Virginia Simnad
Dr. Virginia Simnad