How much time does it take to get chest X-ray results?

Dr. Gerald Mandell
Nuclear Medicine

In brief: Quite rapid tody

In these modern times the results from digital exams are usually faxed to referring doctor in rapid fashion, once study is dictated.
My physicians receive reports in less than a minute after my dictation. The physician has to look at reports.My advice is to call office manager of physician who requested study. I have found this results in more satisfactory response than speaking to receptionist.

In brief: Quite rapid tody

Dr. Gerald Mandell
Dr. Gerald Mandell
Dr. Matthew Ostrom
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Depends

chest xray images are ready at most institutions/facilities in minutes.
The radiologist will then generally read the study at some point that day, and the results would then be ready to the physician/provider who ordered the test. Bottom line, should be ready fairly quickly in most situations.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Matthew Ostrom
Dr. Matthew Ostrom
Dr. Aaron Milstone
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Pulmonology