What can cause bad taste coming from wisdom teeth sockets?

Possible causes. The foul taste could be related to a number of different causes. The taste of dried blood, trapped food or debris, or loss of the blood clot (dry socket) are some reasons why you could be experiencing a bad taste. Another possibility could be a postoperative infection. If you are experiencing pain and swelling associated with the bad taste, you may want to consult with y our dentist or surgeon.
Dry socket . There are risks associated with teeth removal like with any other surgery. The dry socket is the most common complication that characterized by dull, aching pain and a bad smell or taste coming from the empty tooth socket. See your dentist for post-op evaluation and dry socket treatment if needed. .