How do couples cope with a stillbirth?

Pathology
In brief: It varies
If this has affected you, I am sorry for your loss.
The death of a child before or after birth will strain the relationship in ways that do not make sense. Now is a time to work hard to reaffirm your love for one another. Ask your physician about support groups; there is no one-size-fits-all answer.

In brief: It varies
Dr. David Bergman
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Maternal Fetal Medicine
In brief: Stillborn
Each couple is different.
When a diagnosis is available it sometimes makes it easier because there may be a treatment to prevent this from recurring. Many hospitals have support groups that allow people to be with others with similar experiences which many times helps couples thru these difficult times.

In brief: Stillborn
Each couple is different.
Dr. David Bergman
Dr. David Bergman