Please answer. Am I socially retarded? I never rekindled friendships from college or since then except a couple on facebook.

Dr. Vance Harris

In brief: You are not alone

Life gets busy and most of us have enough in the here and now to more than fill our plate.
My hat is off to those who can maintain college friendships and high school and junior high friendships. I can't as I have a life in the here and now. Dont feel bad. Enjoy the relationships you have now and the ones that really count you will hold on to.

In brief: You are not alone

Dr. Vance Harris
Dr. Vance Harris
Dr. Lily Bhattacharya
Doubtful, you may have never realized you would miss certain people. Reaching out to the people you miss or want to reconnect is a good idea. You can decide to pursue or not based on whether you still have things in common. Look around and find someone you like in your current environment. Make friendship important so you have someone to confide in when things get rough.
Dr. Sherry Broadwell
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Not unusual

People change over time and what they desire/need in relationships can change as well.
It is possible to grow out of relationships. On the other hand, connections are vital to well being, and the main concern would be if this applies to your current life as well and the extent to which you are isolated/lonely. The number of connections is of less importance than the quality of those connections

In brief: Not unusual

Dr. Sherry Broadwell
Dr. Sherry Broadwell
Dr. Charles Cattano
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Some advice...

...regarding relationships (pertinent to friends, spouse, family, business connections), in the words of Hoda Kotb: "Don't do what you're asked--do more than what you're asked.
"

In brief: Some advice...

"
Dr. Charles Cattano
Dr. Charles Cattano