Should women that tested postive for drugs be allowed to take their neonate home from the hospital without testing it?

Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: No

Any knowingly pregnant women taking drugs is guilty of child abuse.
Baby should be tested, may well require appropriate observation and possible treatment.Necessary authorities must be informed and mother prevented from taking baby out of hospital until circumstances have been evaluated.Most babies should be placed in temporary foster care until their safety is assured. Maybe kid should be adopted.

In brief: No

Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber

In brief: Not in my state

These kids are always removed from the parent and placed in foster care in my state.
A positive maternal test puts mom on the Family services radar, and all have their baby tested at birth. I test the babies first poo, which holds evidence for months. A known prior user, whose baby tests negative will be allowed to take baby home and be followed by CFS

In brief: Not in my state

Dr. Jane Van Dis