What do you think about male infant circumcision?

Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: OK if father circ'd

Then no explanations necessary as to why father and son are different if only one is circ'd.
Circumcision is always best performed, with least morbidity in infancy. Howeever there is no real meical indication for circumcision and thus is primarily a personal, family or social decision. Either way both decisions, whether to circumcise or not to circumcise are correct & neither is wrong.

In brief: OK if father circ'd

Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Maureen Mays
Clinical Lipidology

In brief: Well

My mom always said that if i cannot say anything nice, don't say anything at all.
For some, however, they are done as part of a culture or religion.

In brief: Well

Dr. Maureen Mays
Dr. Maureen Mays

In brief: So he looks lk daddy

Personal choice is the main issue behind circumcision today.
Most of my parents who chose to or not to do so because daddy went thru the procedure. Frequency varies over the world. 30% france/australia 10% britain (not covered on nhi plan)~80% us with regional variation. The only boys i see with uti's are not, but that is uncommon. There is some data suggesting less risk of std's.

In brief: So he looks lk daddy

Dr. Michael Dansie

In brief: Prevention

Circumcision is the surgical removal of the foreskin, a small flap of skin that covers the tip of the penis, generally performed in the days after birth.
Examination of scientific studies between 1995 and now shows links between circumcision and decreased risks for urinary tract infections, some kinds of cancer, hpv, hiv, and other sexually transmitted diseases. There is a preventative effect.

In brief: Prevention

Dr. Michael Dansie
Dr. Michael Dansie